Awareness is the key to prevention
Everyone at work has a duty to prevent fires. A fire safety culture is based on a shared set of positive attitudes, knowledge, perceptions and beliefs about fire prevention and fire protection.
Who the course is for
Anyone in a non-managerial role, in any industry and in any country.
Why it works
- Minimal disruption to the working day - the course takes only half a day
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to identify roles and responsibilities in a fire emergency
- High-impact programme
- Efficient and effective learning - fire safety basics are covered in a single, self-contained session
What to expect
- Practice-based, jargon-free content
- Fire Safety Awareness course workbook
- Modules backed by clear examples and recognisable scenarios
- Summaries to reinforce key points
- Checklists and other materials that you can take back to the workplace to deal with fire safety issues
- Memorable, thought-provoking facts and case studies from across the globe
- Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Fire Safety Awareness certificate
- View a sample of the delegate workbook
Top 5 business benefits
Fire Safety Awareness will help your organisation:
- Minimise fire risk in the workplace
- Improve your fire safety culture
- Develop staff roles in case of a fire emergency
- Achieve an internationally recognised and respected certification for staff
- Enhance its reputation within the supply chain.
Top 5 delegate benefits
By attending this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand your own responsibilities for fire safety
- Identify and report on fire hazards
- Assess workplace fire risks
- Evacuate effectively in an emergency
- Identify equipment for fire fighting.
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about the course.
Available as e-learning.
|Book on to a course||Find a training provider|
|Download the factsheet||Become a training provider|
Our Working Safely course is recognised by CSCS as an equivalent to a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (face-to-face courses only)
Next steps after Fire Safety Awareness