26 February 2019
With Spring fast approaching and Christmas now a dim distant memory I thought I would take the opportunity to update everyone on progress and plans for the IOSH Offshore Group.
The group committee met recently to discuss the coming year’s activities and to welcome three new committee members to our ranks. I am very pleased to welcome Trevor Stapleton, Mike Brock and Rod Laird all of whom have extensive oil and gas experience and expertise and give the group an even greater opportunity to share best practice and support our membership
2019 looks to be on course to be one of our busiest years yet. The committee agreed that the Offshore Group should continue to:
- increase its support for local branches
- promote the group at conferences and events
- provide expertise in offshore safety related issues and do everything we can to enhance our industry
- develop and mentor our members
- build strong relationships with those who share our aims and visions for safety to be genuinely the number one priority.
We have the following events planned for 2019 so keep an eye out for bookings being taken:
- Risk Management and New Technologies – Inverness - 7 March 2019
- Joint North East of Scotland
- Renewables UK Conference – NEC – 30 April 2019
- Joint Essex Branch Event – 6 June 2019
- Statutory Inspections – Essex Branch – 2 October 2019
Mark Jenkins, Chair