Details of past events organised by the Aviation and Aerospace Group, including some presentation slides, will be listed below.
Thursday 08 April 2019
Webinar: Drones: helping you work safer, work smarter, work better
Cathy Alldred, UAV Pilot
12 March 2019
Manchester Airport - Business Change and Operational Readiness, Activation and Transition
06 March 2018 - Meeting our Duty of Care – Risks to health and wellbeing for those travelling with work
Following on from a very successful site visit to International SOS Ltd in Chiswick on the 6 March 2018, the IOSH Aviation and Aerospace Group are pleased to provide the presentations from the day for our members.
The day was designed to provide an overview of the issues and considerations associated with Duty of Care and to provide up-to-date information on aviation travel health and safety, medical and security issues and how to manage risk effectively.
Presentations were also included on mental health and wellbeing, providing information for travellers and all employees alike.
- Meeting our Duty of Care - Overview and Biographies
- Additional Information to accompany International SOS Duty of Care presentation
- When A Medical Event Becomes More - Brent Palmer
- The Role of NCDs in Aviation and Aerospace - Anthony Renshaw
- Occupational health - Dr Minha Rajput-Ray
- Time to Change - Sarah Restall
- Further information - Milligan-Saville JS et al. Lancet Psychiatry 2017_4_850-58. Managers workplace mental health training
- Further information - Return on Prevention Presentation
- Further information - Stevenson-Farmer Review (Oct 2017)_ThrivingatWork
Health and safety management – latest developments, and the possible impacts of Brexit
Simon Roberts – The challenges and changes faced by industry
Jane Sarginson – Health and safety in aviation, and brexit - how will we fare
Ian Holder – Safety management – an aviation operations approach
Carl Rogers – ISO 45001 and the Aviation Industry
Adam Simmonson, David Cross and Jason Sandever – 'We are safety’