The IOSH Singapore Branch will promote a safe and healthy world of work, and a culture of making a difference. Our Branch strategy defines the steps that we, as a Branch, need to take. We believe that we can lead the ‘mindset change’ to improve all workplaces to be safer and to develop a sustainable future of health, leading to respect for the workforce at all levels to drive the safety in any organisation and make WORK 2022 a reality.
We will monitor and evaluate our programmes and their impact and provide feedback to members accordingly.
Take a look at our full strategy and our aims below.
Develop member’s competence
- Promote use of the IOSH Blueprint and up-to-date technical resources.
- Support membership progression through monthly CPD/IPD sessions.
- Encourage mentorship to help student members in their career selection.
- Develop Branch motto ‘Grow Personally. Grow Professionally’.
Provide networking opportunities
- Provide opportunities for meeting with members, sharing knowledge at networking events, and encouraging members to step forward to present on their own specific area of expertise.
- Reach out to branch members not based in Singapore and engage with them via social media, webinars, news up dates and where possible visits.
- Facilitate a wide range of OSH presentations for sharing and help organisations achieve positive outcomes.
Collaborate with key stakeholders
- Work with IOSH UK to build strategic partnerships with Ministry of Manpower, WSH Council and like-minded professional bodies in South East Asia region through mutually beneficial working groups, sharing of resources, conference collaboration and support.
- Promote Branch and strategic partner’s occupational health and safety events through IOSH committee mailer, eventzilla, Linked In, website and network sessions.
Support a shared vision of a safe and healthy workplace
- Be the choice of strategic sponsor or partner for major employers in the region.
- Promote and engage companies and education centres to recognise IOSH professional development training and memberships.
Lead and promote IOSH research studies
- Adopt IOSH’s ‘No Time To Lose’ campaigns
- Address local OSH issues using IOSH global membership networks’ key success factors and knowledge.
- Promote technology to drive safety and health performance.
Emphasise good safety and health performance benefits and improves operations
- Encourage IOSH memberships sign up by organisations, safety and health professionals.
- Share companies successful OSH achievement or performance in branch newsletter.
- Represent IOSH on OSH Committees within the region and share and promote IOSH Vision.