Welcome to the Mid Shires Branch, launched in April 2016, previously the East District of the Midland Branch.
We offer a welcoming atmosphere for professional networking and development.
Attendance at our meetings and events will provide you with the opportunity to network with a wide range of experienced professionals from all industries and support you in your professional development. Our meetings include:
- speakers, chosen with input by our members, who cover a range of topics in the fields of safety, health and environment, with specific focus on any hot topics and legislative changes.
- a question and answer session giving you the opportunity to get advice and opinion on a particular topic or situation you may be facing in your workplace.
- the opportunity to pre-book a one-to-one session with a member of our Committee to look at the online IOSH Skills - Development Portfolio (SDP).
- periodic CPD and IPD workshops with colleagues from the IOSH CPD team and members of our Committee available to answer questions and offer advice, plus individual workstations for practical CPD/IPD online activities.
- an annual seminar which gives us the opportunity to look in depth at a particular topic with expert and high profile speakers. Our last two seminars covered Emotional Resilience - the way forward, and Managing Occupational Road Risk (when we were still the East District of the Midland Branch).
We look forward to welcoming you to our branch.
The Mid Shires Branch is dedicated to supporting the Work 2022 initiative of IOSH. We passionately believe that only through collaborative initiatives can we create a safer and healthier world of work. We believe that we must embrace change and look to modern methods of engagement in order to shape the future.
Within the community in which we operate, we will seek to provide support, guidance and knowledge to anyone who shares our ethical values. Our new branch motto "Swifter, Smarter, Stronger" will demonstrate our intent to reach out to the community and work collaboratively with other key stakeholders and share the wealth of knowledge we have for the good of the world of work.
We believe that given the time we spend at work this must be a place of fulfilment, somewhere where we can enrich the lives of all that we touch to show that safety, health and well-being are subjects that affect all of us in a positive way.
We must take the positive best practices we have developed and implemented over the years into the community, into our schools and colleges to ensure that the future generations are ready for a world of work that they too can influence and have a voice in.
Our Objectives to support this strategy are to:
- actively seek to expand our reach into the business community in which we operate
- proactively support a positive culture of sustainable safety, health and wellbeing
- keep pace & embrace change as a positive influence on the world of work
- listen to the needs of our members and ensure they have a voice
- provide an environment for shared learning and deliver excellence in our programme
- encourage active participation for all those at schools, colleges or University.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter for branch event and news updates.
For general queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org