Thinking about a career in occupational safety and health? Then become a Student Member of IOSH. We can help you prepare for success by supporting you throughout your studies. We'll equip you with the tools that will increase your post-study employability and give you the competitive edge in the workplace.
The IOSH Student Membership is free of charge for full-time students, and only a one-off fee of £50 for part-time students.
Who can join?
To join, you must follow the criteria below:
- A full-time or part-time student studying an IOSH-accredited Occupational Health and Safety (OSH) qualification
- Studying for your first OSH qualification
- Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) technician apprentices - The first 300 SHE Apprentices to apply can claim free IOSH Student Membership
If you would like to check if your qualification is accredited you can find a list on our Qualifications page. If you are studying a non IOSH accredited OSH qualification you can still apply for Student Membership, your application will be assessed on an individual basis.
If you are eligible for Student Membership, complete our student registration form.
Why IOSH Student Membership?
IOSH Student Membership gives students the access to a range of benefits that can boost their career prospects. There are no limits where a career in OSH can go. Take a look at our video and see for yourself.
- Great value - What's more, it's free to join for full-time students, with a low one-off fee of £50 for part-time students and apprentices.
- Your career -Student Membership will help you to plan and manage your career goals, with practical career development and job-hunting tips and advice to prepare you for your dream OSH role.
- Networking -Be part of IOSH’s global vibrant community of over 47,000 members, and build contacts with key people in the profession. Be inspired. IOSH Student Membership will give you the opportunity to attend some of the 300-plus events a year ran by our branches and groups.
- Professionalism -IOSH Student Membership enables you to demonstrate your commitment to high standards of professionalism and work ethics from the start, boosting your post-study employability.
- Specialist technical knowledge and research - Develop and deepen your knowledge with IOSH Student Membership. You can find an extensive range of research materials and our technical information service provides an array of online resources, books and technical guides.
- Discounts - 70% discounts on all IOSH events
You'll be able to access mentoring opportunities provided by experienced OSH professionals. You'll benefit from their support, guidance and advice, building your confidence and expanding your horizons.
Ready to become an IOSH Student Member?
To join as a Student Member, you can either complete and submit our student registration form or download the form and send it to student membership at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require you to send in an official signed and headed letter from your university or course provider, stating the qualification title and course enrolment and completion dates.
Once we've received your application, we will contact you within five working days. You will receive an email with instructions on how to activate your Student Membership and access all of your exclusive benefits. You will also receive a confirmation of your application within 48 hours.
Once you are fully registered, you will have access to all the IOSH benefits, including:
- IOSH Magazine
- IOSH Student Member e-newsletter
- free IOSH resources for specialist technical knowledge
- membership discount on subscriptions to IOSH's research journal, Policy and Practice in Health and Safety (PPHS).